- What is a 1031 Exchange?
- Here’s what the $20M-$30M NYC investment sales market looked like last week
- New York Rent Regulation Vote – The Details
- TerraCRG promotes Cosentino, Edwards and Agrusa and welcomes Pardo, Blum, Allen, Robertson and Klein
- Young Investors Flocking to Rent-Regulated Properties in Brooklyn
- The Voices of TerraCRG
- The rental market is soft. So why are multifamily deals piling up?
- Wait, rent concessions in Brooklyn are going down now?
- Cosentino, Bijou and Satanovsky of TerraCRG handle $2.7 million sale
- POKO deals Brownsville theater for $53M
Matthew (Matt) Cosentino joined TerraCRG in 2010 and is currently Partner of the firm. Matt is responsible for building the multifamily and mixed-use practice in the rapidly developing Bushwick, Bedford-Stuyvesant, East New York and Brownsville, Brooklyn neighborhoods. Matt has sold over 100 multifamily and mixed-use properties valued at over $250,000,000 and is one of the foremost experts on the Bushwick and Bedford-Stuyvesant commercial real estate markets. Matt has worked on transactions below $1M and over $50M and has a reputation in the Brooklyn commercial real estate market for delivering professional guidance and maximizing value for his clients. His expertise has been sought after by some of the largest and most active players in Brooklyn real estate.
Before joining TerraCRG, Matt was a trial attorney at Jones Day. At Jones Day, Matt represented numerous high-profile clients including the Royal Family of Brunei, American Electric Power (AEP), and Cablevision. As part of his representation of AEP, Matt assisted the corporation in obtaining a $123 million judgment in a contract dispute related to a power generating facility AEP built in Louisiana. Matt represented Prince Jefri Bolkiah, Prince of Brunei, in a highly-publicized case in which Prince Jefri sued his former advisors for fraud and breaches of fiduciary duty. Matt also was involved in asylum-related cases, including the successful representation of a Moroccan man seeking asylum in the United States based on persecution in his homeland.
Matt is a member of the New York State Bar, holds a law degree from Georgetown University Law Center and a BSBA in Marketing from Georgetown University. Matt enjoys spending time with his wife Liz (a public school teacher in Brooklyn) and their three sons. The first restaurant Matt went to as a child was L&B Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst and since then he has been a fan of all the amazing food Brooklyn has to offer.
Brooklyn Kindergarten Society
- Recently Closed