Associate, Investment Sales
Company & Team Overview
This is an opportunity to begin your commercial real estate career at TerraCRG; the only commercial real estate brokerage firm focused exclusively on the Brooklyn market. TerraCRG is at the center of the transformation of Brooklyn, responsible for over $2.6 Billion dollars of transactional volume in the process. The firm — 20 people strong and growing — has marketed 700+ properties and consistently closes over 50 Brooklyn transactions a year.
Joining our Investment Sales Team as an entry-level commercial real estate agent will provide you the experience of working in an energetic, demanding, and collaborative environment, gaining immediate exposure to the various aspects of commercial real estate brokerage. Through our company structure, you can quickly become an essential member of the team working on an active pipeline of assignments directly alongside our highly successful and tenured transaction professionals and additional associates, while developing your own book of business.
- On-site in the TerraCRG office at 634 Dean Street, Brooklyn, NY
- This is an independent contractor, 100% commission only based position. Our Associates participate in a Team commission structure offering significant un-capped earning potential.
- You will develop your professional expertise in business development through structured training sessions, real-time on the job training, and industry leader observation.
- We promote a culture of collaborative, hungry, and coachable individuals who appreciate accountability.
- We operate within the Specialization approach, with our agents focusing on specific territories and asset types – promoting collaboration and information sharing, while eliminating internal deal competition.
- Our leadership team is mostly compromised of individuals who started their commercial real estate careers at TerraCRG, presenting the opportunity for organic professional growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Brooklyn market via research projects and collection of market data
- Input and organize data, coupled with relevant CRE software and systems training
- Generate new opportunities by prospecting, cold calling, and identifying new business
- Canvas specific neighborhoods in Brooklyn to photograph and get on the ground visibility of the asset types under your Specialization
- Work in close concert with the team lead in the development of property valuations and presentations – including everything involved in this process
- Become active in the commercial real estate community, attending networking and industry events
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Team Lead & Partners
- Must secure and maintain a New York State real estate license; Salesperson or Associate Broker (not required for interview process)
- Must be passionate about sales, marketing, and the Brooklyn real estate market
- Must be coachable
- Must be a team player with excellent people skills
- Must be comfortable with hands-on sales and marketing activities including extensive cold calling
- Must have strong written and communication skills and a basic understanding of finance
- Must have superb organization skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Must possess excellent phone skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in real estate, marketing, business, or finance is helpful but not required