Associate, Commercial Leasing
This is an opportunity to join the Commercial Leasing Team at TerraCRG; the only commercial real estate brokerage firm focused exclusively on the Brooklyn market. TerraCRG is at the center of the transformation of Brooklyn, responsible for over 1M SF of commercial space leased in the process. The firm — 20 people strong and growing — has completed hundreds of commercial leases and consistently closes over 50 Brooklyn transactions a year.
Joining our Commercial Leasing Team, you will be paired with Managing Director Peter Schubert, who’s hands-on industry experience will provide you with intensive and personalized training. During his 20+ years in commercial real estate in NYC, Peter has worked on hundreds of leasing and sales transactions, as large as 340,000 RSF. He has successfully represented Blue Apron, Ample Hills, Juice Generation, AREAWARE and Four & Twenty Blackbirds, among dozens of other recognized and best-in-class tenants in the borough. Peter and his team will teach you how to generate and cultivate relationships with landlords and tenants, and how to successfully navigate a deal from site selection through lease negotiation.
- On-site in the TerraCRG office at 634 Dean Street, Brooklyn, NY
- This is an independent contractor, 100% commission only based position. Our Associates participate in a Team commission structure offering significant un-capped earning potential.
- You will develop your professional expertise in business development through structured training sessions, real-time on the job training, and industry leader observation.
- We promote a culture of collaborative, hungry, and coachable individuals who appreciate accountability.
- We operate within the Specialization approach, with our agents focusing on specific territories and asset types – promoting collaboration and information sharing, while eliminating internal deal competition.
- Our leadership team is mostly compromised of individuals who started their commercial real estate careers at TerraCRG, presenting the opportunity for organic professional growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Brooklyn market via research projects and collection of market data
- Generate new opportunities by canvassing, prospecting, cold calling, and identifying new business
- Canvas specific neighborhoods in Brooklyn to get on the ground visibility of the retail landscape
- Work in close concert with the team lead to add support with business development, client projects, and maintaining existing client relationships – including everything involved in this process
- Become active in the commercial real estate community, attending networking and industry events
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Team Lead & Partners
- Must secure and maintain a New York State real estate license; Salesperson or Associate Broker (not required for interview process)
- Must be passionate about sales, marketing, and the Brooklyn real estate market
- Must be coachable
- Must be a team player with excellent people skills
- Must be comfortable with hands-on sales and marketing activities including extensive cold calling
- Must have strong written and communication skills and a basic understanding of finance
- Must have superb organization skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Must possess excellent phone skills
- A bachelor’s degree in real estate, marketing, business, or finance is helpful but not required