- The Power 100: Commercial Real Estate’s Most Powerful Players
- Dan About Town: How TerraCRG’s Dan Marks Became Mr. Brooklyn Real Estate
- Recent Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- ON THE SCENE: TerraCRG announced the sale of the retail building at 8222 18th Avenue in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn
- Marks, Lebor and Allen of TerraCRG sell 11,822 s/f industrial site in Brooklyn for $5.75 million
- ON THE SCENE: TerraCRG has announced the sale of the industrial building at 250 Green Street in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
- TerraCRG closes two Brooklyn sales totaling $68.3m
- The Opportunity Zones in NYC With Breakout Potential
- Prologis pays $13M to Harper family for property in East Williamsburg
- Avery Hall Investments pays $18.6M to Pontone family for property in Gowanus
Partner and Team Leader, Dan Marks, has over a decade of commercial real estate sales and leasing experience, handling over a billion dollars’ worth of transactions since joining TerraCRG. Dan joined the firm at the start of 2012 as Vice President to grow the firms’ strong foothold in the Brooklyn commercial real estate market, with a focus on industrial and office properties.
Dan continues to grow TerraCRG’s market presence while maintaining a vast knowledge of Brooklyn’s many diverse and integral commercially-zoned enclaves. He serves Brooklyn property owners as a market expert while providing advisory and exclusive representation in the sale of all types of investment properties. Currently, Dan is the Team Leader of the firms’ leading investment sales team. Dan’s sales team is comprised of six agents and specializes in the sale of exclusively Brooklyn commercial assets, with a focus on investment sales of industrial, office and development throughout the borough. Dan has also successfully advised a number of non-profit organizations including SCO Family of Services, League Education & Treatment Center, Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow, and the Brooklyn Arts Council. Since joining TerraCRG. Dan and his team have closed over $1.4B in transactions.
Prior to joining TerraCRG, Dan was a partner at Emerald Real Estate Group, a premier commercial real estate management and brokerage firm located in Boulder, Colorado. During his seven-year practice with Emerald, Dan worked on over 1,100 commercial transactions with experience as a property manager, leasing agent, seller’s agent, buyer’s agent, landlord representative and tenant representative.
Prior to working with Emerald, Dan spent four years as a corporate sales representative in Chicago for the Tribune Company as well as Turner Broadcasting. During his time in Chicago, Dan worked on national accounts including Southwest Airlines, Best Buy, International Trucks and Miller Brewing Company.
Dan received his BA degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI and holds an MBA degree from The Leeds School of Business at The University of Colorado.
Outside of the office, Dan loves spending his time in Brooklyn with his wife and two sons. He also enjoys running, tennis and watching live sporting and music events. Dan has run several marathons including New York, Chicago, Marine Corps, Boulder, Big Sur, Philadelphia, and Atlantic City. Dan is also actively involved in the community supporting a number of Brooklyn based non-profit organizations while also serving as Board Vice Chairman of Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) and Executive Committee Board Member of the Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC).
Board Member (Board Vice Chairman) - Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT)
Board Member (Executive Committee) - Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC)
Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation
- Recently Closed